Recently I had a birthday so here are 29 things I’ve been learning the past twenty something years of my life. I say learning because I’m still growing. (Also if you’re not part of the Dear Wednesday crew that’s where I’m writing weekly these days and I’d love for you to be a part of it! Just sign up HERE for the good stuff!)
1. Enjoy right now. If you’re not finding contentment where you are you probably wont ever find it.
2. Give. Generously. You won’t regret it.
3. Strike up conversations with strangers. You never know what wonderful/surprising things will happen.
4. Learn to ask good questions.
5. Always put Jesus first in your day.
6. You can revisit something you once tired to do and told yourself you couldn’t. You can actually do more than you think you can.
7. Enter into the joy of others. You are blessed to be a blessing.
8. Hear people out. It’s okay to just listen and not have all the answers.
9. Listen to your gut. Don’t be so worried about what other people think. And remember that God does direct you.
10. Commit to long-term projects that take faithfulness. It builds character and endurance.
11. Just start.
12. Accept compliments graciously.
13. Always say, “I love you” when you leave the people you care about.
14. Celebrate the little things.
15. Learn to have a schedule and a morning routine.
16. Exercise daily.
17. Let people go who are one sided friendships
18. Be a “clever fox” in how you rest. Rest intentionally knowing that it is important.
19. Say no. And don’t feel guilty about it.
20. Praising Jesus is always a good option no matter how you feel.
21. Take time to be grateful and write it down every day.
22. Don’t compare your timeline to other people’s. There’s never been a you before.
23. Make donuts! Eat the ice cream! Have the chocolate, maybe even a few.
24. Hug often.
25. Let yourself feel whatever it is and then move on. But it’s okay to feel it and process it. Don’t just stuff it.
26. Do things you never thought you would do. Surprise yourself. Crash the wedding.
27. Be extravagant with love. Fly halfway across the nation to be in a friends wedding. Write a note for every day of the year your friend will be gone and surprise them with it.
28. Be proactive about rewriting the lies in your head.
29. Trust Jesus with everything in you and pray often.
What would you add to your list?
If you liked this post you can get some weekly encouragement by just signing up HERE! 🙂 Pull up a chair friend. I’m glad to have you as part of the crew!